Identifying Human Trafficking in Security, Safety and Correctional Services
Learn how to recognize human trafficking in the field of security and criminal sanctions!
This online MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) is built on an online platform so that you can complete it according to your own schedule.
- Application period: 30.11.2022-30.6.2023
- Date: 1.1.-31.7.2023
- Scope: 2 ECTS
- Location: Canvas learning environment
- Price: Free (0 €)
During this course you will learn to
- describe human trafficking as a phenomenon and its different types
- identify and describe the characteristics of alleged victims of trafficking
- encounter the victims of human trafficking
- assist victims in the service system
The course consists of five substantive modules:
- Module 1 What is human trafficking
- Module 2 Types of human trafficking,
- Module 3 Identifying victims of human trafficking,
- Module 4 Assistance to victims and anti-trafficking action in Finland,
- Module 5 Finland fights human trafficking
All these topics are explored by using presentations, video lessons and knowledge tests.
This is a two credit course that means 54 hours of student work.
You can find all the material from Canvas learning environment.
Evaluation scale is pass or fail.