Working in Smart Cities
Course introduces you to urban economics, real-estate markets and the evolution of digital cities.
In order to sign up for this master's level course, you must have a previous Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree.
- Application period: 30.11.2022-30.6.2023
- Date: 1.1.2023-31.7.2023
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Online
- Price: 75 €
During the study unit students will look at the history and the future of urban scape. They will be introduced to urban economics, real-estate markets and the evolution of digital cities. The students will be introduced to digital concepts of Internet of Things, Big data, ArtificiaI Intelligence and Internet Economy and their effects to the physical enviroment. In addition they analyse the working and living in digital urban environments.
The study unit can be carried out independently. The course will include preliminary assignment and 5 independent assignments, which will be combined as a portfolio.
The course will elaborate themes of:
- Evolving cities
- AI in built environment
- Digitalized cities
- Smart city -concept and platform economics
- Sustainability of cities and real estate standards
Skills you will gain
You will learn to:
- Explain the forces behind evolution of cities
- Analyse trends in real-estate market
- Forecast the development of urban environment
- Identify digital aspects of cityscape and analyse possibilities and risks of smart cities
The study unit will be conducted completely online. It does not include any contact teaching or lecturing. So the student is free to complete the course flexible.