Learn about the strategy process and meaning of strategy in business!
In order to sign up for this master's level course, you must have a previous Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree.
- Target audience: People who are interested about the topic
- Application period: 30.11.2022-31.1.2023
- Date: 27.2.2023-08.05.2023
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Online
- Price: 75 €
We will discuss topics such as:
- mission statement, vision
- core competence
- strategy process
- strategy models (positioning tools)
- generic strategies /identifying strategic options
- orientations (innovation, production, customer)
- schools of thought
- culture and strategy
- implementing strategy
Note course build around students interests (explorative approach)
The course will be online at canvas.laurea.fi.
The course will consist of five weekly meetings starting February 27th 16-17.30 (see tentative dates below).
Students will be asked to conduct a literature search on strategy and to pick 10 articles and review one article to share with others. From the combined pool of articles we will choose 10, which students will read and discuss in the weekly meetings. Students will also need to complete a team task in which they design a strategy for the company they choose. A student may opt to do the task alone. Attendance in class (online meetings) will affect the final grade.
- Text books as background material
- Available online Lynn Richard, Corporate Strategy, fourth edition FT Prentice Hall, 2005
- Available in print. Johnson, Whittingtin, Scholes Exploring Corporate Strategy. ninth edition 2011 FT Prentice Hall