The Laurea community is comprised of approximately 9,900 students, 660 staff members and 34 700 Laurea alumni.
- Six campuses: Hyvinkää, Leppävaara, Lohja, Otaniemi, Porvoo and Tikkurila
- Fields of study: Business Management, Social Services and Health Care and Hospitality Management
- 18 degree programmes, of which six are taught in English
- The most appealing university of applied sciences in the joint application process of spring 2022 in Finland: 4,1 primary applicants per starting place
- 9921 students in total
- 942 students in programmes taught in English
- 1594 graduates from Bachelor’s programmes (year 2022)
- 320 graduates from Master’s programmes (year 2022)
- Around 34 700 Laurea graduates (May 2023)
- Employment rate for graduates one year after graduation 96.0 per cent (2020)
- 664 employees
- Annual turnover: EUR 59 million (2022)
- External RDI funding (2022) EUR 7,26 million
The University President Mr. Jouni Koski acts as chairman of the management team, and the members are the unit directors, the rectorate, representatives of personnel organisations, and a representative of the university student organisation Laureamko. The goal of the management team is to assist the President in leading and developing Laurea.
Laurea's biggest owners are cities of Espoo and Vantaa.
Kimmo Hannonen, Vice-President, Support services
Valdemar Kallunki, Director (Master level degrees and web based courses)
Salla Seppänen, Director (Tikkurila campus)
Jouni Koski, President and CEO
Marjo Poutanen, Principal Lecturer and Representative of Laurean Opettajat Ry (teaching staff)
Sirpa Louhemäki, Information Production Manager and representative of JHL
Tanja Johansson, Director (Leppävaara and Otaniemi campus)
Susanna Rosell, Financial Director
Suvi Nieminen, Laureamko Student Union Representative
Katri Ojasalo, Vice-President, Education
Krista Pahkin, Director (Hyvinkää, Lohja and Porvoo campus)
Tiina Päivärinne, Director (Human Resources)
Mari Vuolteenaho; Vice-President; Research, Development and Innovation
Teemu Ylikoski, Director (External relations, marketing, communication, safety and security and risk management)
Board of Directors
Jarno Limnéll, Chairman, Espoo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Johanna Hristov, Vice Chairman, Vantaa
Johannes Elmnäinen, Espoo
Hilu Kangas-Ranta, Porvoo
Perttu Koistinen, Vantaa
Sanna Niinikoski, Espoo
Silja Nurmi, Riihimäki
Tanja Saarinen, Vantaa
Juha Salo, Sipoo
President Jouni Koski
(09) 8868 7660
Vice President Kimmo Hannonen
Organisation chart can be found below:
Laurea University of Applied Sciences (Laurea UAS, formerly Vantaa University of Applied Sciences and Espoo-Vantaa University of Applied Sciences) began operating in Vantaa in 1991 as one of the first universities of applied sciences to be granted an experimental licence in Finland.
In 1997 – 1998, this experimental licence was expanded to comprise nearly 20 educational institutions in the region of Uusimaa. At that time, the name of the institution was changed to Espoo-Vantaa University of Applied Sciences, reflecting the cities that were its main owners.
The Government of Finland put the institution’s operation on a permanent footing in 2000, and the name Laurea University of Applied Sciences was adopted in 2001.