Cyber Security - Working Life Oriented Competence Module
Deepen your knowledge in Cyber Security!
Deepen your skills in data networks, key internet protocols, information security (CIA model) and learn to identify different threats, attacks and vulnerabilities faced by organizations. Recognize and comprehend the importance of confidentiality, integrity and availability model for the information and
Courses are conducted as online studies. Teaching language is English.
- Target audience: People who want to deepen their skills
- Application period: 30.11.-27.12.2022
- Date: 9.1.2023-30.4.2023
- Scope: 10 ECTS
- Location: Online
- Price: 120 €
Content of the Cyber Security - Working Life Oriented Competence Module
This Cyber Security competence module is suitable for people who is willing to learn the overview of information security technologies.
Courses introduces students to networking basics (with emphasis on IP networks and protocols). The goal is to reach a level of expertise that makes it possible to identify network security threats and vulnerabilities.
This competence module includes two online courses. The duration of the module is 4 months, from January 2023 to April 2023. Courses are conducted as online studies. Teaching language is english.
Introduction to Information Security (5 ECTS)
Schedule: 9.1.2023-2.4.2023, Online course
After the course you will be able to:
- act ethically as a member of study group and community
- recognize and comprehend the importance of confidentiality, integrity and availability model for the information and cybersecurity
- recognize and comprehend different threats, attacks and vulnerabilities
- comprehend and describe security technologies and tools
- comprehend and describe security architectures and designs
- comprehend and describe identity and access management approaches
- comprehend, describe and apply risk management principles
- comprehend and describe cryptography and PKI concepts
- differentiate cybersecurity domains and subdomains from each other
- comprehend and explain the importance of the cybersecurity in the modern society
- reflect and develop their own learning process
Not dependent on place or time (virtual studies), weekly basis virtual learning and assignments
Voluntary tutor meetings with the teacher:
- 11.01.2023 15.15–17.45
- 25.01.2023 15.15–17.45
- 08.02.2023 15.15–17.45
- 22.02.2023 15.15–17.45
- 08.03.2023 15.15–17.45
- 22.03.2023 15.15–17.45
- 05.04.2023 15.15–17.45
- 19.04.2023 15.15–17.45
- 03.05.2023 15.15–17.45
- 17.05.2023 15.30–17.45
- 24.05.2023 15.15–17.45
The tutoring meetings are not compulsory. Any student can participate tutoring meeting if they need any help from teachers, the teacher is available for counselling and solving study related problem.
Data Networks and Information Security (5 ECTS)
Schedule: 6.2.-30.4.2023, Online course
After the course you will be able to:
- describe the structure and operation of data networks in relation to the following terms: Local area networks, wireless networks, internet
- describe the functionality of IP-networks and key internet protocols
- implement and maintain basic services in a local area network
- justify the importance of information security according to the CIA model (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability)
- identify common information security threats faced by organizations
- implement basic level information security safeguards for local area network
- 08.02.2023 16.00 - 18.00 Zoom-online meeting
- 23.02.2023 16.00 - 18.00 Zoom-online meeting
- 09.03.2023 16.00 - 18.00 Zoom-online meeting
- 22.03.2023 16.00 - 18.00 Zoom-online meeting
- 05.04.2023 16.00 - 18.00 Zoom-online meeting
You can only enrol for the whole competence module 10 ECTS through this page.
All enrollments will be confirmed separately. Each approved participant will receive instructions before the start of the competence module.
Laurea reserves the right to make changes.
You can pay the fee 120 €
- with online payment when enrolling
- with invoicing in one or two instalments
- with invoicing from your employer if agreed
Proving that you are graduated from Laurea within target time will entitle you to study free of charge.
The course fee only applies to this competence module. With the same fee, you cannot take other courses at Laurea Open UAS. You cannot take this programme with Open UAS annual fee.
If you cancel your enrolment before 23.12.2022, you can be refunded 80 % of the programme fee upon request. The enrolment must be cancelled by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, the programme fee will not be refunded in any parts if the enrolment is cancelled by student.
Cancellation policy is the same with invoicing: If you cancel your enrolment before 23.12.2022, we will charge 20 % of the programme fee. If the cancellation is made by student after that, the whole course fee will be charged.
After the programme
Primary degree for which studies are approved at Laurea: Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
If you have any questions, you can contact avoinamk(at)laurea.fi