Fighting Cybercrime – Law Enforcement Practitioners’ Network
CYCLOPES is a 5-year project that aims to build and maintain an innovation-driven network of European law enforcement agencies combating cybercrime. It connects officers to work together, drawing on the strengths of specific LEAs and institutions operating within the cyber ecosystem.
- Implementation date5/1/2021 - 4/30/2026
- FunderH2020 Societal Challenges
- Research programmeCoherent security
- Project typeInternational RDI
The network - in addition to identifying capability gaps and requirements and sharing best practices - will focus on the ongoing dialogue with the industry and academia who are delivering products and conducting research on solutions that help fight cybercrime.
- To identify capability gaps and current and emerging requirements, also mapping the specific capacity limitations of Member State authorities.
- To conduct innovation research and technology-related market scanning activities - identifying specific solutions to meet the elicited gaps and needs.
- To Indicate priorities requiring more standardisation for areas related to fighting cybercrime (i.e. certification or accreditation of laboratories and/or tools, standardisation of investigation processes, training, collecting and securing digital evidence, etc.).