Before enrolling for the Open UAS courses get acquainted with the enrolment instructions.
- You can enrol for individual courses at the Open UAS three times a year, for spring, summer and autumn semesters.
- Enrol for each course using a separate enrolment form.
- One credit corresponds to approximately 27 hours of work.
- We recommend that you complete no more than 30 credits per semester.
- Before enrolling for a course, get acquainted with the course descriptions, schedules and potential prior learning requirements.
- You can pay for your Open UAS studies either per credit or by paying an annual fee.
- When paying per credit, the course fee for individual courses is EUR 15/credit.
- The annual fee for the Open UAS is EUR 400.
- MOOC courses are free of charge for all.
- For students graduating from Laurea within the target time, the studies are free of charge for the next four semesters following graduation.
Enrolment for studies
Before enrolling, check out the study offering of the Open UAS and the webpage of each course.
Course page has information about the teaching language, potential prior learning requirements and teaching days with mandatory attendance. If any master's degree studies are offered as individual courses, the prior learning requirement is always a bachelor's degree or equivalent competence.
If you need study guidance, book an appointment through the Open UAS Contact Information webpage.
- To enrol for a course, add it to your shopping cart by clicking the “Enrol now” button on the course webpage.
- When you have selected the courses you want to add to your shopping cart, click the “Sign up” button in the shopping cart view. The enrolment system will then redirect you to the enrolment form. Follow the instructions given by the system and proceed accordingly.
- After enrolment, you will receive a message in your e-mail about having enrolling successfully. The enrollments are processed within approximately three working days.
- Once your enrolment has been processed, you will be sent a payment link to your e-mail. The payment must be made within 24 hours of the delivery of the payment link.
- If you have enrolled for more than one course and pay per credit, you will be sent a specific payment link for each course.
- If you pay an annual fee, you will only receive one payment link.
- If you are entitled to study free of charge, enrolled for free courses or have previously paid an annual fee, you will only receive an approval message on your enrollment and instructions for how to begin your studies.
- Once you have paid the fee, you will receive instructions for how to begin your studies by e-mail.
The enrolment is binding, and the course fee must be paid in its entirety upon enrolment. The right to study free of charge must be proven also upon enrolment.
NOTE! Laurea degree students can't enrol as students at Laurea Open UAS. They can select courses from Laurea's entire study offering, and they enrol for studies during Laurea's enrolment periods via Pakki student's desktop.
Path studies have their own enrolment periods and forms.
Read the enrolment instructions here:
You can pay for your Open UAS studies either per credit or by paying an annual fee. The course fee must be paid in full upon enrolment.
When paying per credit, the study fee is EUR 15/credit, and the total price will be updated based on the courses you have selected.
The annual fee for the Open UAS is EUR 400. The annual fee allows you to complete an unlimited amount of credits in one year. The Open UAS study programmes are not included in the annual fee.
Study entitlement for Open UAS studies is always granted on a fixed-term basis only. If your studies get prolonged, you can get extra time by paying for a new period of study.
Please note that some courses may incur additional costs for items such as protective clothing. These costs are collected from the student in addition to the other fees.
MOOC courses at Open UAS are free of charge for all, starting on December 1st 2021. It is noted on the course webpage that the MOOC course is free of charge.
Right to study free of charge
Open UAS studies are free of charge for students who have graduated from Laurea within the target time, for the next four semesters following graduation.
NOTE! The right to study free of charge does not apply to path studies (bachelor's degree/master's degree).
Those graduated from Laurea within target time
If you have graduated from Laurea within the target time, you can carry out studies at Laurea Open University of Applied Sciences free of charge for the next four full semesters following your graduation.
The right to study free of charge at an open UAS is verified by the open UAS operators upon enrolment. The target times are considered to be:
- Bachelor's Degree 3.5 years
- Master's degree 1.5 years
The four-semester period is considered to officially start from the beginning of the next semester (1 January or 1 August), but you can already exercise your right during the ongoing semester after your graduation if there are suitable studies starting earlier than that. This will not reduce your four-semester right to study at an open UAS.
Written enrolment for a course is binding. The enrollment must be cancelled in writing at avoinamk(at)laurea.fi. Any cancellations submitted to the teacher of the course will not be accepted. A negative decision by the TE Office does not entitle you to cancel your enrolment or to a refund of your course fee.
If you cancel your enrolment no later than 14 days before the teaching begins, you can be refunded 80 % of the course fee upon request. Otherwise, the course fee will not be refunded. In online learning, teaching is considered to have begun when you have received instructions for starting your studies.
The open UAS annual fee of EUR 400 will not be refunded to any extent, as it will grant you the right to study for one year. Not using your right to study does not entitle you to a full or partial refund of the course fee.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us:
You might also find interesting
OPEN UAS Open UAS Contact Information
Do you have questions about Open UAS Studies? Do you need study guidance? Contact us!
Summer-Autumn 2023 Open UAS courses
Are you interested in acquiring specific skills or getting to know Laurea? Take a look at the Open UAS courses and enroll!