Steps Towards a Doctoral Path – Research, Development and Leadership Skills
The aim of the study program is for the participants to gain inspiring insights and skills for planning scientific research and managing research projects.
In order to sign up for this master's level course, you must have a previous Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree.
- Hakuaika: 28.11.2022-26.2.2023
- Ajoitus: 28.2.-15.5.2023
- Laajuus: 5 ECTS
- Sijainti: Online
- Hinta: Free (0 €)
The purpose of the program is to develop the skills needed for planning scientific research and to speed up progress in research career carried out in academia and work life. In the program, you will learn about ethical planning of research, management of a research project and goal-oriented leadership, as well as development-oriented research. On the course we discuss good practices in planning of scientific research. The aim of the study program is for the participants to gain inspiring insights and skills for planning scientific research and managing research projects.
This intensive program is a part of 3UAS and University of Helsinki collaboration, where the goal is to mutually benefit from the collaboration and strengthen students’ working life skills.
- Enrollment: 28.11.2022-26.2.2023
- Pre-assignment announced: 28.2.2023
- Pre-assignment deadline: 12.3.2023
- Intensive program: 20.3., 24.4. and 15.5. at 9.00-16.15.
- The program is organized online.
University of Helsinki
- Experimental design & research ethics
- Scientific method and experimental design
- Planning, implementing, reporting and sharing scientific research in an ethical manner
Laurea University of Applied Sciences
- Research project management
- Academic excellence in a research project
- Implementation of research project
- Impact of a research project: economic / societal / scientific
Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences
- Goal-oriented leadership
- Goal-oriented leadership as an orientation
- Core competencies and ethics of goal-oriented leadership
- Goal-oriented leadership skills in knowledge-intensive contexts
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- Development-oriented reasearch
- Participatory reasearch partnership
- Co-development strategies and methods
- Student knows how to plan scientific research based on the scientific method, and recognises and understands key ethical principles guiding research
- Students know how to build a framework for an academic research project paying attention to the building blocks of academic excellence, impact and appropriate implementation
- Students know how to lead themselves, their research or development group and other experts in a goal-oriented way
- Students know how to promote a partnership-based co-development process in a research network in an ethically sustainable manner
This is a five credit study program that means 135 hours of student work.
- Taina Vuorela (Laurea)
- Heli Bergström (Haaga-Helia)
- Salla Sipari (Metropolia)
- Simo Kyllönen (UH)
- Lotta Tikkanen (UH)
- Liisa Uotila (UH)