Capital budgeting is the process of deciding whether or not to undertake an investment project. Should we start a new production line? Should we buy new machinery? Is this project profitable? Yes? No? The management needs to answer these kinds of questions and needs support in making important decisions about the future.
- Target audience: Anyone interested in budgeting
- Application period: 30.11.2022-27.2.2023
- Date: 13.3.-31.5.2023
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Leppävaara campus
- Price: 75 €
Skills you will gain
You will learn to:
- set up a discounted cash flow analysis
- use investment criteria to determine whether or not a project is acceptable
- use scenario analysis and sensitivity analysis in decision making
- write an investment proposal for management
- use computer software in capital budgeting
In order to confirm your participation you need to be present in the first lecture.
Lectures in Leppävaara campus:
Introduction to capital budgeting theory and practices (lectures and literature reviews), individual Excel assignments and team assignments using capital budgeting software (Invest for Excel).